Monday, January 31, 2011

Q&A: When taking FMLA for pregnancy what paperwork do you need to fill out for medical certification?



Your Ad Here





Question by estephania2182: When taking FMLA for pregnancy what paperwork do you need to fill out for medical certification?

I am planning on taking 6 weeks short term disability through my work for my pregnancy and I want to take the last six weeks on FMLA leave. What is the process for taking FMLA leave? Do I need to fill out some sort of application for that or what?? And do I have to have medical certification for pregnancy on FMLA leave?




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by ilyse s
http://ncas.com/html/documents/STDClaimForm.Doc

https://nessie.uihr.uillinois.edu/pdf/leave/fmla_app.rtf

The first one is about the short term disability and the second is info on the FMLA. Each employer has their own forms though so you may want to contact your HR dept. for the proper forms. I am 34 weeks and my last day is the 28th of Dec. I just filled these 2 forms out myself. My company goes through a certain financial group for the short term disability that they had to file the claim through. As for the FMLA, I signed a customized form that my company made for themselves. Every company is different so I don't think you can find a universal form for either of these two, but hopefully this info on these forms could help.





Add your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment